Best of Britain - Classic Group, Winter 2021 2022
Best Of Britain – Classic Group, Winter 2021 2022
From the home of Shakespeare, to the moors of Scotland and the beautiful Cornish Countryside, this really is the best of all that Britain offers.
- York: In the evening, enjoy a Welcome Dinner and the chance to get to know your fellow travellers.
- Dining Summary: 10 Breakfasts (B), 1 Dinner (D) and 2 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Dartmoor: Choose between a walk amid the rolling valleys of Dartmoor National Park or alternatively, set sail from Plymouth harbour, where the pilgrims left over 400 years ago.
Make Travel Matter
- Cornwall: Owner John welcomes you to historic Heskyn Mill for a Farm-to-Table dinner. Savour a delightful meal prepared by his wife, Ann, with all ingredients responsibly sourced from local producers or carefully foraged from the local area to reduce waste.
Top Rated Highlights
- Stratford-upon-Avon: Learn about the life of William Shakespeare, arguably history’s most famous writer, when you visit his birthplace. Then enjoy some time to explore this pretty town with its iconic Tudor houses
- York: Walk with your Travel Director within the city walls to see the York Minster and crocked Shambles.
- Hadrians Wall: Stop to see part of the ancient wall that once marked the border of the Roman Empire.
- Jedburgh: See the Abbey, now in ruins.
- Edinburgh: Explore the city with your Local Expert as you travel along Princes Street to see the Scott Memorial, the neoclassical Adam facades of New Town and the official Scottish residence of the Queen, Palace of Holyroodhouse.
- Glasgow: See the grand public buildings, including George Square and St. Mungo’s Cathedral.
- Stirling: Travel via the historic site of Bannockburn and view Stirling Castle.
- Grasmere: Learn about the life of the poet William Wordsworth and visit his grave.
- Ludlow: Explore the narrow streets and lanes in front of the castle. Admire the medieval timber-framed buildings and Georgian mansions.
- Cardiff: During an orientation with your Travel Director, see the castle and Principality Stadium.
- Bath: Explore the well-preserved Roman Baths with your Travel Director. Once used for public bathing, they are now open for visitors to explore their grounds and onsite museum.
- Glastonbury: Explore the town rumored to be the resting place of legendary King Arthur and the Holy Grail, and location of one of the world’s largest music festivals.
- Plymouth: During your orientation tour with your Travel Director see Plymouth Hoe and the Citadel then continue to the Barbican and Mayflower Steps. Then head out to explore a quaint Cornish fishing village.
- Stonehenge: Walk around the strange and awe-inspiring monoliths that have reputedly stood for 5,000 years.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- You may purchase transfers from/to London Heathrow and Gatwick airports on arrival and departure days, or when additional night accommodation has been booked through Insight Vacations
- Alternatively, please make your own way from/to the airport
Welcome to London
London and Medieval York.
Hadrian's Wall to Edinburgh
Loch Lomond to Glasgow
The Glorious Lake District
The Welsh Marches and Cardiff
Georgian Bath and Cornwall
The Cornish Coast Experience
Stonehenge and London